What Are the Possible Side Effects of Breast Reconstruction Augmentation?
Inherently, the process of breast reconstruction augmentation involves a lot of risks. This is mainly due to the fact that the process involves the insertion of new matter into the body or in altering certain body parts. As a result, the body may react unfavorably to the new condition it finds itself in, and this may lead to infections and other unintended effects of breast reconstruction augmentation.
- Doctors commonly delay conducting the operation in order to make sure that a woman’s body will be able to carry out the operation. This is the most prudent thing to do especially when a woman has an existing ailment.
- However, doctors commonly suggest that such are rather temporary and will go away on their own after a few days. It is only when they become persistent or recurring that they signify a serious condition, possibly an inflammation or irritation of the breasts.
- There may be scarring on the breasts. This is commonly a symptom of an infection to the breasts.
- A breastfeeding woman may experience difficulty or pain in discharging milk for breastfeeding. However, just like with the case of losing/reduced sensation, such is also temporary.
What Do I DO After a Breast Reconstruction Augmentation?
- One will need to continue seeing her doctor just like prior to the operation. This will allow both sides to assess if the operation had been a success and to see if the expectations from the operation had been meet. Moreover, it will also allow a doctor to detect of the symptoms of possible complications to prevent it from worsening.
- Rest. This is one thing that a woman should not deprive her body of. Commonly, a rest period of three to six weeks is needed to make recovery easy and quick. During the rest period, a woman should refrain from doing strenuous activities that will likely harm her body.
- Go on a liquid diet. Because the body needs rest, it is important not to cause too much strain on it. It is very important to free it from demanding tasks such as digestion of heavy solid foods. Here, it is important that one gives herself a diet of fresh fruit juices as well as plenty of water. This will prevent the body from becoming dehydrated as well as providing it with the needed nutrients.
- One will need to continue taking her medications prescribed by the doctor. Such medicines are usually to alleviate the pain as well as to prevent bacterial infection on the affected part.
How Much Does a Breast Reconstruction Augmentation Cost?
Breast reconstruction augmentation procedure can last up to six hours.
- During this time, a woman will need to cough out at least $5,000 for the operation alone.
- If one avails of the services of a renowned expert, the fee is even higher. To top this, one will also need to cover up for the insurance cost, which is mandatory for such procedures.
If this is a bit too pricey for most, one may avail of alternatives. One alternative is breast massage that seeks to enhance the size and shape of the breast by stimulating the muscles surrounding it. This does not require any surgical intervention. All that is needed is frequent and regular massaging of the breasts.